Full school uniform must be worn at all times with no exceptions.
Governors and staff ask for your active support in maintaining high standards of dress and appearance. The uniform code states clearly that plain black polishable shoes must be worn - strictly no heels, suede, canvas or logos, all metal tags must be removed. Skirt and trousers must be tailored and not jersey, stretchy or tight material. Skirts can be straight or pleated but no skater skirts. Skirts must be an appropriate length, no shorter than 6cm above the knee.
Students are permitted the below jewellery:
- A pair of stud earrings (only one earring per ear), small sleepers or studs only.
- No piercings in any other area.
- A wristwatch
- A small ring without protrusions (one only)
- No other jewellery may be worn.
- Students may wear a small amount of makeup. False nails or nail extensions are not permitted.
- All jewellery must be removed at the start of all PE lessons, no matter the activity.
Extremes of fashion in dress, hairstyle and make-up are not acceptable.
Anyone whose dress or appearance is not considered suitable for school will be asked to change it within a reasonable time frame set at the discretion of the School.
Uniforms can be ordered online from the School Colours Direct website by clicking on the logo below:
You will need to set up a new account to log in, but if you do need any historical information you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sizing sets are available at The Sports Shop in Kingswinford and it is advisable to try-on first before ordering.
School Colours Direct contact details – email@example.com. Please remember to quote the name of school in the enquiry as well as the surname of the person who placed the order and order number. Delivery to homes is the only shipping method.
Our school uniform was designed together with students and their parents, we thank them for their helpful contribution.
The design of our jacket is a smart jacket and is not a blazer, they look smarter and last longer. There is a different design for boys and girls and each jacket has a bright, fun House colour lining to match the ties so that students can display pride in their House. The jackets are made from high quality, durable fabrics and are ethically manufactured. Jackets are machine washable and dry easily without the need for dry cleaning. They have extendable sleeves (information on how to lengthen the sleeves can be found on the School Colours website).
Before ordering online, students can try on the jackets and jumpers using our sizing sets which are at The Sports Shop in Kingswinford. Jackets are then ordered online from School Colours Direct (link on the school website), there is a quick and direct delivery service to your home address, or free school delivery can be selected (please see below for school delivery information). When selecting garments required on the web shop, it is always best to also select gender and product type for them to appear in a more logical order on screen.
School Delivery dates for 2023 will begin on Tuesday 10 January, they will then be every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month. The last delivery date will be on Tuesday 12 December 2023. Orders must be placed before 10am the day before the delivery date. Orders can be collected from Reception on or after the delivery date. We recommend calling Reception on 01384 816165 to confirm your order has arrived. Please note that we do not inform parents/carers when orders have arrived due to the large volume of orders that are delivered.
Summerhill School Uniform
We believe that learning the essential life skill of knowing how to dress smartly and with pride, is an important part of education. We also believe that correct equipment demonstrates organisation and readiness to learn.
- Navy jacket with House colour lining and House colour school logo
- Full length tie in House colour with fine navy and grey stripes (tie must reach waistband)
- Navy jumper with House colour trim around the neckline (optional)
- Mid grey formal trousers or skirt. Skirt and trousers must be tailored and not jersey, stretchy or tight material. Skirts can be straight or pleated but no skater skirts. Skirts must be an appropriate length, no shorter than 6cm above the knee *
- White collared shirt that can be buttoned up to the neck and is of a length so that it is kept tucked in. Shirt must be suitable to wear with a tie *
- Plain black school shoes that can be polished. No logos, coloured stitching, suede, canvas, fabric, boots or high heels *
- Grey or navy tights *
- Grey or navy socks *
* Parental choice of where to buy
- Students should not have extreme hairstyles or unnatural hair colours. Students with long hair need a ‘bobble’ or other way to tie it back for practical activities
- Students may wear one pair of stud earrings, a watch and a small ring without protrusions. No other jewellery may be worn.
- Students may wear nail polish but should not have nail extensions
- Students may only wear a discreet amount of makeup
- Whilst lockers are available in school, students will need to carry their homework and books to and from school. We recommend a rucksack style bag worn across both shoulders. The bag should be large enough to hold an A4 folder
- Students may bring a mobile phone to school if they wish, but it must not be used, seen or heard inside the school building without specific permission from a member of staff
- Below is the equipment list:
- 2 black pens
- Blue pen
- Red pen
- 2 HB pencils
- Pencil case
- Colouring pencils
- Glue stick
- Progress journal
- Water bottle
- School bag
- Scientific calculator
Shoes should be plain black, leather (or vegan equivalent), capable of taking polish. No fabric/ canvas suede material and heels should not be larger than 4cm.
PE KIT EXPECTATIONS
Any student failing to follow the kit expectations stated here will be expected to wear borrowed PE kit and will be issued with the appropriate sanction. This also applies to students excused from PE.
Students who are excused from PE (by a note) will still be expected to take an interactive part in the lesson by observing to learn, coaching, videoing, officiating etc. It may be that they need to go outside where it may be cold, wet or windy. Therefore, they should bring and wear (in addition to their full PE kit) the following: Coat / Summerhill tracksuit bottoms / trainers.
How to Order
All PE kit can be ordered from the Kingswinford Sports Shop at: