Successful candidates will possess the following attributes:
Demonstrable ability to be an exceptional member of staff with clear capacity and the desire to improve
- Potential to progress in your career
- Possession of a wide range of skills to support our staff, students, parents and community towards excellence
- The skills, experience and ability to gain the confidence of students and staff
- Professional presence, capability and clarity with an excellent demonstration of the ability to motivate and empower
- A clear sense of fun, energy, drive and passion
- The ability to demonstrate engagement of children, manage their behaviour, attitudes and aspirations, whilst maintaining an un-erring high expectation and focus upon mutually respectful, positive relationships
Excellent knowledge of effective strategies to raise achievement and excellence in teaching and learning
Summerhill School caters for students from ages 11-16. The school was re-built through a Private Finance Initiative in 2003 and we have some outstanding facilities. Technology is used extensively throughout the school to bring education alive in the 21st Century. Based in Kingswinford, we are very well situated for travel with easy access to beautiful countryside.
Under new leadership, the school is rapidly improving. We recognise that the quality of our staff is the most important factor in achieving our aims and we offer unrivalled career development opportunities and support to help staff develop in their careers and achieve their ambitions.
Summerhill School seeks to improve the life chances of all the children and young people they serve. Our vision puts exceptional development of students and their learning at the heart of school life – students, staff, parents and the wider community.
If there is not a vacancy listed above which interests you, please contact Miss Keeley Stone, PA to the Headteacher via email email@example.com to register your interest in future opportunities.
Why not come and see for yourself?
We are happy to welcome visitors to our school at any time so you can have a tour of our impressive facilities and meet our friendly students and staff. This can be during the school day or evenings by appointment.
Please contact the PA to the Headteacher, Keeley Stone on 01384 816165 ext 0373 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment. We would love to meet you. Miss Stone will also be happy to deal with requests for a confidential discussion with the Headteacher, Mr Martyn Palfreyman, should any candidate wish to make contact prior to applying for a position.