Institute of Swimming (IOS) / Swim England Courses
We are an Approved Training Centre for the delivery of the Institute of Swimming (IOS) courses. The IOS are the largest trainer of swimming teachers in the UK. If you would like to teach swimming then we can get you started on your journey.
Swim England Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) Course
This course is designed for anyone who is interested in starting a career in teaching swimming or wants to assist a swimming teacher. Successful completion of the course will enable you to actively support a qualified swimming teacher in the delivery of a pre-prepared session.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification and learners are not required to have any prior experience of teaching. You must be at least 16 years of age af the start of the course.
Future Level 1 Courses running at Summerhill School
- Easter course - Tuesday 14th April to Friday 17th April
- Summer course - Tuesday 21st July to Friday 24th July
Swim England Level 2 Swimming Teacher Course
This course develops the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to become a swimming teacher. When achieved it gives you the skills to effectively and independently plan, prepare, deliver, monitor and evaluate aquatic teaching sessions.
You must be at least 16 years of age at the start of the course and hold the ASA/Swim England Level 1 Swimming Assistant in Teaching or equivalent ASA qualification certificated after 1994.
Future Level 2 Courses running at Summerhill School
- Easter course - Monday 6th April to Thursday 9th April and Tuesday 14th April to Friday 17th April
- Summer course - Saturday 25th July and Monday 27th July to Friday 31 July and Monday 3rd August to Wednesday 5th August
- October course - Saturday 17th October & Sunday 18th October and Saturday 24th October and Monday 26th October to Friday 30th October
For further information on the above courses or to book a place please visit the Institute of Swimming (IOS) website www.swimming.org/ios/