Institute of Swimming (IOS) / Swim England Courses
We are an Approved Training Centre for the delivery of the Institute of Swimming (IOS) courses. The IOS are the largest trainer of swimming teachers in the UK. If you would like to teach swimming then we can get you started on your journey.
Swim England Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) Course
This course is designed for anyone who is interested in starting a career in teaching swimming or wants to assist a swimming teacher. Successful completion of the course will enable you to actively support a qualified swimming teacher in the delivery of a pre-prepared session.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification and learners are not required to have any prior experience of teaching. You must be at least 16 years of age af the start of the course.
Future Level 1 Courses running at Summerhill School
- Easter course - Tuesday 23rd April to Friday 26th April 2019
- Summer course - Tuesday 30th July to Friday 2nd August 2019
Level 1 Blended Learning Courses
The Blended Learning programme means that learners complete part of the theory units online, this work is assessed. Learners must complete all e-learning elements prior to attending the face-to-face practical units at Summerhill School.
Dates for the face-to-face units will be
- March course - Friday 8th March, Saturday 9th March and Sunday 10th March 2019
- August course - Sunday 4th August to Wednesday 7th August 2019
Swim England Level 2 Swimming Teacher Course
This course develops the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to become a swimming teacher. When achieved it gives you the skills to effectively and independently plan, prepare, deliver, monitor and evaluate aquatic teaching sessions.
You must be at least 16 years of age at the start of the course and hold the ASA/Swim England Level 1 Swimming Assistant in Teaching or equivalent ASA qualification certificated after 1994.
Future Level 2 Courses running at Summerhill School
- Easter course - Monday 15th April to Thursday 18th April and Tuesday 23rd April to Friday 26th April 2019
- Summer course - Tuesday 23rd July to Friday 26th July and Tuesday 30th July to Friday 2nd August 2019
- October course - Saturday 19th October, Sunday 20th October and Saturday 26th October to Friday 1st November 2019
For further information on the above courses or to book a place please visit the Institute of Swimming (IOS) website www.theiosonline.com