Badge sessions are for swimmers in Stage 5 and above who would like to complete a Distance Award of 50m and over.
Details of next Badge Session coming soon
|Lane 1||Lane 2||Lane 3||Lane 4|
|9.30am||100m, 200m||400m, 600m, 800m||1000m, 1500m, 2000m||3000m, 4000m, 5000m|
|10.30am||100m, 200m||400m, 600m, 800m|
|11.00am||100m, 200m||1000m, 1500m, 2000m|
Fee for the session:
|£5.00 per child - this will include 1 x Distance Award (certificate & badge)|
|Fee for additional Awards:||£2.50 per Distance Award|
|(To be paid on the day in cash)|
When booking your child on to a badge session please make sure you have read the following guidance so that you and your child are prepared.
- Please make sure that your child is ready on the poolside at the beginning of the session that you have chosen.
- Distances must be completed without stress and the stroke must be a recognised stroke of a suitable standard (doggy paddle is not acceptable).
- A combination of strokes can be used to complete the swim.
- Swimmers may push off from the wall at the beginning of their swim but must not then touch the poolside or the pool floor until their swim is complete. Once swimmers put their feet down or touch the wall their swim will end.
- If a swimmer is judged by the teachers to be struggling or in distress or if their stroke has broken down and is inappropriate for the award they will be asked to stop.
- If a swimmer is able to carry on past their chosen distance, and time permits, this will be allowed.
- When a swimmer has completed his/her swim you will be issued with a card detailing the distance that has been achieved. Please check before you leave the poolside that the details are correct. To collect the badge and certificate please bring the card you have been given and follow the signs to the languages corridor where a member of the Pathways team will print the certificate for you.
How to book a place:
If you wish to book a place on the Badge Session please click on the Pathways Booking Form below and complete with the information requested. Please make sure that you indicate on the form which distance your child wishes to attempt.
Once you have submitted the booking form we will confirm, via email, that the place is available. We will then supply you with a unique Badge Session ID number and give you details of how to pay using Dudley MBC's online payment system.
Please see our terms and conditions before completing the booking form.
Pathways Booking Form
Click Here for the Terms and Conditions.