Swim Scheme COVID-19 Guidance - V4 July 2021
With the country now in Step 4 and with the removal of most Covid-19 restrictions we have reviewed our risk assessment in line with information we have received from Swim England and the Royal Lifesaving Society.
The care of our staff and customers remains our priority and we will continue to ensure that we are working as safely as possible to minimise the risks. When we return to swimming in September 2021, although we will be returning to a more normal programme we will put a number of measures in place to help reduce the risks and we ask for your co-operation. These additional measures should be viewed alongside our normal terms and conditions.
To ensure the health and safety of all involved with the Swim Scheme please read the notes below:
- No one should attend lessons if they have symptoms of COVID-19
- Current Government guidance should be followed in relation to self-isolation and quarantine
- In line with the school policy we will fully engage with the NHS Test and Trace process
Whilst the Government has removed the need for social distancing, anyone coming on to the Summerhill School site will be encouraged to respect other users and their space, being mindful that some people may not be as comfortable with the lifting of restrictions as others.
Mitie, the facility management company will provide a cleaning programme in accordance with current guidance.
- Hand sanitation stations will be provided and we encourage everyone to use them
- Pool equipment will be sanitised after each lesson (This can be achieved by rinsing the equipment in the pool)
The changing rooms will be available both before and after swimming lessons. We still need to make the time spent in the changing room as short as possible to minimise the risks.
- Access to the pool will now only be through the changing rooms
- Swimmers arrive 'swim ready' with swimwear already on underneath easily removable clothing
- The changing rooms are an enclosed space therefore we recommend that face coverings should be worn by anyone over the age of 11 years
- Only one parent/carer per swimmer permitted
- Showers should not be used
- Users should vacate the changing room as quickly as possible
- Spectators will be allowed back on to the poolside provided that there is room to sit on the bench
- Only one parent/carer should attend
- Please access the bench from the changing room down the right side of the pool
- Swim Scheme staff will now be able to get into the pool to support swimmers. Parents will no longer get into the water (unless you are attending the Parent and Child class on a Saturday)
The above information is subject to change in line with any updated guidance that we receive.