Through our Global Learning lessons, assembly schedule and wider curriculum we aim to instil and promote a growth mind-set agenda. At its core, growth mind-set is the belief that an individual can grow and develop through dedication, hard work and purposeful practice, and not just rely on natural talent.
Having a growth mind-set builds resilience, opportunity, innovation and a chance to progress further in whatever field you are trying to. Students at Summerhill will have examples of how a variety of individuals throughout history have ‘stuck at it’ and demonstrated attributes that align with the school ethos of DARE to CARE.
We are trying to promote a learning culture and help students understand that we have a learning culture in which they develop a desire to learn from mistakes and identify opportunities.
- You are Awesome by Matthew Syed
- Black Box Thinking: Marginal Gains and the Secrets of High Performance by Matthew Syed
- The Chimp Paradox by Prof. Steve Peters
- Mindset - Updated Edition: Changing The Way You think to Fulfil Your Potential by Dr Carol Dweck
- Growth Mindset Activities: 52 Weekly Activities for Teens and Tweens by Pretty Pickles