Welcome To Summerhill
Letter from the headteacher.
Welcome to our school website. It is designed to give you a flavour of the huge range of opportunities we offer students at this highly successful and popular community school.
Our school motto is “Success Through Caring” and this underpins everything that we do. The dedicated and well informed staff at Summerhill care greatly that we provide:
- High expectations of academic progress
- High quality teaching and support
- Effective opportunities for student voice to be heard and student leadership to be developed
- Effective partnerships with parents and local, national and international communities
- A modern, purpose built building with facilities and resources that enhance learning
- A flexible curriculum that meets the needs of all students
- Highly effective pastoral systems that ensure students feel safe and happy in school – the conditions necessary for achievement
Our standards and aspirations were recognised by Ofsted who judged the school to be “Good with Outstanding features” at our last inspection. We are never satisfied however, and engage in systematic development and research designed to ensure we are constantly improving.
Our drive for excellence will ensure that Summerhill students have the best opportunity to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to succeed in the 21st Century.
May I extend a warm invitation to visit the school and experience the calm and purposeful atmosphere of this vibrant learning community. We hope you choose to join us and we look forward to working with you.
Mr B Warren BA MA (Ed)